Basic Motorcycle Rider Course information and resources
BRC rider course
The BRC rider course consists of 15 hours of instruction: 5 hours of classroom activities and 10 hours of intense riding on the driving range.
This course will teach you the basic skills required on how to operate a motorcycle safely along with the special skills and mental attitude required for dealing with everyday riding.
BRC COURSE OUTLINE
Listed below is a short list of some of the topics covered in the BRC course:
- Introduction to motorcycling
- Protective gear / What to wear
- Controls such as the clutch and brakes
- Pre-ride inspection of your motorcycle
- Preparing to ride your motorcycle on the class range
- Street strategies to avoid trouble and stay safe
- Driving and riding impairments such as use of alcohol and drugs
- How to maneuver your motorcycle
- Avoiding obstacles
- Lane changes
- Riding at night
- Collision avoidance skills
- Special situations
- Carrying a passenger or cargo
- Dealing with tire failure
- Dealing with animals
- And other topics, all included to increase your motorcycle riding enjoyment and safety.